Vectra & AWS
Vectra is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner. We use AWS to host some of our critical services. We also offer SaaS services on AWS from some of our partner platforms.
Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
How Vectra Can Help you with AWS?
Vectra’s AWS services are aimed at providing you with solutions and professional services. We provide specialist support and integration services across Cloud Hosting, Software-as-a-Service offerings, Storage on Cloud, and Cyber Security service platforms.
Overview of AWS
Amazon Web Services offers a broad set of global cloud-based products including compute, storage, databases, analytics, networking, mobile, developer tools, management tools, IoT, security, and enterprise applications: on-demand, available in seconds, with pay-as-you-go pricing.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries worldwide.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Trade capital expense for variable expense – Instead of having to invest heavily in data centres and servers before you know how you’re going to use them, you can pay only when you consume computing resources and pay only for how much you consume.
- Benefits from massive economies of scale – Using cloud computing can achieve a lower variable cost than you can get on your own. Because usage from hundreds of thousands of customers is aggregated in the cloud, providers such as AWS can achieve higher economies of scale, translating into lower pay-as-you-go prices.
- Stop guessing capacity – Eliminate guessing on your infrastructure capacity needs. When you make a capacity decision before deploying an application, you often end up either sitting on expensive idle resources or dealing with limited capacity. With cloud computing, these problems go away. You can access as much or as little power as you need and scale up and down as required with only a few minutes’ notice.
- Increase speed and agility – In a cloud computing environment, new IT resources are only a click away, which means that you reduce the time to make those resources available to your developers from weeks to just minutes. This results in a dramatic increase in agility for the organisation since the cost and time it takes to experiment and develop are significantly lower.
- Stop spending money running and maintaining data centres – Focus on projects that differentiate your business, not the infrastructure. Cloud computing lets you focus on your customers rather than on the heavy lifting of racking, stacking, and powering servers.
- Go global in minutes – Easily deploy your application in multiple regions worldwide with just a few clicks. This means you can provide lower latency and a better experience for your customers at a minimal cost.