What is SIEM?
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software enable the business to log all IT activity and be able to respond to any threats accordingly.
In essence, SIEM is a combination of two IT systems:
- Security Information Management (SIM) – collects and reports data in a log which is normally created with parameters.
- Security Event Management (SEM) – analyses this data in real-time to monitor the threat level to assets.
Using this combined approach enables the business to rest assured their IT systems are secure.
How SIEM Works?
All actions within the IT environment are logged in SIEM software including day to day activities, firewalls, network applications etc.
From here, these activities are identified and reports or alerts are given, dependent on the security threat. Reports are provided for lower security threats such as failed login attempts. Whilst if the threat is higher, an alert is sent immediately.
These security threats are evaluated based on the parameters specified within the software.
Cyber security is an ever changing environment and is often hard to keep up to date. With a dedicated team of Vectra cyber security experts managing your SIEM, you can rest assured your business is protecting its assets and is also compliant with the law.
Vectra understands clients face cyber security challenges that range from compliance requirements to lack of time and skills gaps. Building a cyber security capability in-house can be complex and expensive, regardless of whether it’s risk or compliance based.
This is why Vectra has developed a comprehensive SECurity as a Service (SECaaS) solution we call Active Defence.
We pride ourselves on delivering a high quality managed SIEM service as we:
- Use security standards and industry best practices
- Are supported by certified skilled professionals
- Backed up by one of the most advanced security intelligence platforms – IBM QRadar
SIEM with Vectra
Our Active Defence SIEM service is flexible for any organisation, no matter the size. At an affordable price, we can ensure your assets, whether on premise or in the cloud, are protected.
As an Australian leader in Managed SIEM, Vectra is continually upskilling our security teams to ensure we have the best threat intelligence available.
With consistent and uniform protection, Vectra will help to keep your environment safe and compliant with the law. This allows you to focus on driving your business.
Vectra has simplified SIEM deployment to enable easier access for your business to understand it’s current security weaknesses.
Benefits of our SIEM deployment:
- Managed from a single centralised user dashboard
- Ability to see a global view of your security posture
- Real-analysis, incident and event management and reporting at your fingertips, when you need it.
Our flexible and integrated SIEM deployment is served with:
- A spectrum of cloud and on premise
- Security Operations Centre (SOC) optimisation
- Managed services options that you can select to fit your environment
Vectra Active Defence is powered by IBM QRadar Security Intelligence Platform. It’s a powerful SIEM platform that combines multiple functions.
- A rich set of core threat detection capabilities with analytics
- Machine learning to provide real-time visibility of the entire IT infrastructure.
IBM QRadar SIEM excels at taking in large amounts of security data and analysing it quickly. Using its advanced intelligence, it builds a prioritised list of incidents requiring immediate attention. This is why QRadar SIEM is the gold standard in managing security threats to your business.
Vectra are the masters at ensuring QRadar is used to its full potential on protecting your business assets.
We do this by:
- Enriching data with security intelligence feeds, such as IBM X-Force
- Applying IBM QRadar Advisor with Watson artificial intelligence to security incidents to minimise detection and response times
Benefits of SIEM
With Vectra’s customised SIEM for your business, we will ensure you’re on top of:
- Insider Threats
- Critical Data Protection
- Advanced and Persistent Threats
- Secure the Cloud
- Manage Risks and vulnerabilties
- Incident Response