What is Application Penetration Testing?
Application pen testing finds weaknesses through an authorised ‘hack’. In this process, a variety of ways to gain access to your secure information is tested to highlight your risk of cyber attacks.
With many applications developed quickly to meet deadlines, there is often room for error. Hackers can exploit these weaknesses and gain access to your data.
An application penetration test is a proactive way to identify issues and increase a company’s security to keep data safe.
How is the test performed?
Vectra will work with you to simulate attacks on your application to clearly identify weak points. After this process, Vectra will propose the best way to fix these threats to your security.
With experience and knowledge behind us, Vectra has developed a 6 step approach to testing. Our approach ensures weaknesses are identified so a remediation process can occur.
- Information Gathering – collecting data to prepare a security attack
- Threat Modelling – designing ways to test the weaknesses
- Vulnerability Analysis – defining the possible points of entry
- Exploitation – attempting to gain sensitive data
- Post Exploitation – evaluating the level of risk to your business known weaknesses
- Reporting – providing a detailed report of strategies to improve your security
Vectra will perform a number of key web application penetration tests to develop a comprehensive report for you. These include:
- Broken Authentication
- Security Misconfiguration
- SQL Injection
- Broken Access Controls
Benefits of Application Penetration Testing
Once Vectra has completed our 6 step process penetration test for your business, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Increased data protection by stopping cyberattacks
- Ensured compliance requirements are met for PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA and HIPAA
- Business reputation is not tarnished by having a data breach