Many schools have embraced a bring your own device (BYOD) policy which encourages students to use their own technology within the classroom. In order for students to get the most out of this initiative, it is imperative that you choose the right device for your child. Faced with a plethora of tablets, laptops, notebooks and 2 in 1 devices to choose from, parents can find the prospect of selecting a device to enhance their child’s education a nightmare.
The success of any 1:1 program is underpinned by careful planning, seamless integration, great execution and excellent ongoing support. We partner with schools and suppliers to develop a tailored approach to using technology in the classroom.
What are some of the key considerations in developing and running a 1:1 or BYOD program?
- Funding – is it a school or parent funded program?
- Repairs and Support – What level of support and repair services are required to minimise impact on teaching and learning?
- Parental Engagement – How do we engage parents in the process and what resources are required?
- Insurance and Warranty – What warranty and insurance is required to ensure protection for the school, students and parents?
- Training – What are the training requirements and how do we provide these for Teachers, Senior Managers, IT staff, parents and students to maximise outcomes and investment?
- Procurement – How do we purchase and what payment options do we need to consider?
- Recycling – What considerations do we need to factor in refreshing and recycling devices during the educational life of a student?
- Devices – What devices should we be using and why?
- Software – What software and services do we expect to make up the core offering?
Vectra are able to assist with providing a purchasing portal and selecting a range of devices fit for your schools requirements. Working hand in hand with companies such as Lenovo, Dell, HP and Apple – you can be rest assured that best Education prices will be sourced and applied to your next BYOD roll-out.